This project was developed over the course of several weeks during the Standards-Based Assessment class. While it speaks to a number of different standards, T1 is specifically demonstrated throughout this project. Standard T1 shows that the work is “informed by standards-based assessment (analysis using formative, summative, and self-assessment.)” This project is based on the “Causes of Conflict CBA” for high school history from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. I spent a great deal of time researching both the CBA and different standards for the social studies as I started planning this project. Another helpful document in this process was the recommended rubric attached to the above-mentioned CBA; this helped me to plan out specifically what I expected of students. One of the important ideas that I kept in mind throughout this planning was the fact that I wanted to allow students the opportunity to do sufficient research for the project while giving them the tools to succeed. By giving students specific criteria, including a detailed rubric, they know exactly what to expect and know what they need to do to succeed. Not only is this project informed by standards-based assessments, but it was very intentionally planned in that the standards were deliberately chosen to help students create their own project and aligns with several state social studies EALRs.
Tag Archives: EDU 6613-Classroom Based Assessment