S: SUBJECT MATTER AND CURRICULUM GOALS
- S1: Content driven (use of reading, written and oral communication, and technology).
- S2: Aligned with curriculum standards and outcomes (student learning targets and progress to meet them).
- S3: Integrated across content areas (subject matter integrating mathematical, scientific, and aesthetic reasoning).
T: KNOWLEDGE OF TEACHING
- T1: Informed by standards-based assessment (analysis using formative, summative, and self-assessment).
- T2: Intentionally planned (beneficial standards-based planning that is personalized).
- T3: Influenced by multiple instructional strategies (addressing ability levels and cultural backgrounds).
- T4: Informed by technology (designed to create technologically proficient learners).
L: KNOWLEDGE OF LEARNERS AND THEIR DEVELOPMENT IN SOCIAL CONTEXTS
- L1: Learner centered (a variety of culturally responsive, developmentally, and age appropriate strategies).
- L2: Classroom/school centered (learning, knowledge, and skills connected to classroom and school communities).
- L3: Family/neighborhood centered (informed by collaboration with families and neighborhoods).
- L4: Contextual community centered (responsible citizenship for an environmentally sustainable, globally interconnected, and diverse society).
P: UNDERSTANDING OF TEACHING AS A PROFESSION
- P1: Informed by professional responsibilities and policies (a collegial and professional school setting).
- P2: Enhanced by reflective, collaborative, professional growth-centered practice (benefiting students).
- P3: Informed by legal and ethical responsibilities (students benefit from a safe & respectful learning environment).